Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Photo Real

People say to me "that looks so real" or "that doesn't look real". I never understood why you would say that about someone's art work. If I want it to look like a photograph. I would use a photo. Photographers are trying to capture a moment, steal an emotion or reveal a truth in their image. I try to do the same. I wish I was more successful at it but that is what I aspire to do. Try to make something look real is in the back of my mind.
I guess if people are looking at my work and thinking something doesn't look real then I failed to communicate.
But if people only come to look at art to only compare how realistic something looks. Please go look at a photo. Look at my art the way I intend it to be. A conversation between creator and viewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment